Submit your story
Stories on Opensource.com
We welcome submissions that tell a story about how open source software, hardware, and/or methodologies were used to create, build, design, and/or inspire an open source project.
If you would like to submit your article for review by our editorial staff, email your submission, including your Opensource.com account username, to email@example.com. If you have not yet created an account, register here.
Articles are typically between 500 - 1000 words.
The content on Opensource.com is licensed under Creative Commons ShareAlike. If you do not wish to do the same for your work, please note your preference.
The Opensource.com editorial team provides copy editing as well as more robust editing services as needed.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the license for your work and your username for your Opensource.com account. To register for an account, visit: http://opensource.com/user/register
- The Opensource.com editorial team will review your submission and respond with next steps.
- If your submission is approved for publication, revisions may be needed. The editorial team will make copy edits and more in-depth suggestions if needed.
- The author will need to approve or make any needed revisions.
- Articles ready for publication will typically be published within 2-3 weeks of final revision.
If you have successfully published an article on Opensource.com, consider becoming a monthly contributor.
- Email your request to email@example.com.
- Include your username and link to the article(s) published.
- The Opensource.com editorial team will contact you with further instructions.
As an established monthly contributor, you may be elegible for our Community Moderator role.