Submit your story
Articles on Opensource.com
Opensource.com welcomes submissions that tell a story about how open source software, open source hardware, or open methodologies were used to create, build, design, or inspire. Our mission is to tell the stories of open source behind the scenes. We do not accept or publish articles about product releases or company promotions. Some technical content and news stories are a good fit for our site, but generally tales of experiences and tips for users are the best fit. If you have an idea for a story, we'd love to hear it.
How to submit
Please submit your article for review to our editorial staff by email to: email@example.com.
Include your Opensource.com account username. If you have not created an account, register here.
Please see our submission and style guide for full details.
Articles are typically between 500 - 1000 words, but other lengths will be considered.
All content on Opensource.com is licensed under Creative Commons ShareAlike. If you do not wish to license your work in the same way, please note your preference.
The Opensource.com editorial team will provide copy editing services as well as revisions as needed. We strive to work with writers to create an article to best fit our readers and all changes are reviewed and approved by the author prior to publishing.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the license for your work and your username for your Opensource.com account. To register for an account, fill out this page: http://opensource.com/user/register
- The Opensource.com editorial team will review your submission and respond with next steps.
- If your submission is approved for publication, revisions may be needed. The editorial team will make copy edits and more in-depth suggestions if needed.
- Author to make any needed revisions and/or approve final draft.
- When the article is ready for publication, it will typically be published within 2-3 weeks of the final revision/approval.
Become a monthly contributor
If you have successfully published an article on Opensource.com, consider becoming a monthly contributor.
- Email your request to become a monthly contributor to email@example.com.
- Include your username and the reasons why you would like to contribute montly and what topics you'd like to cover.
- The Opensource.com editorial team will contact you with next steps.
Community Moderator program
As an established monthly contributor, you may be eligible for to become a Community Moderator.