Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Simplifying OpenStack: Dealing with the overwhelming growth of the projects and ecosystem.
- An open letter to the OpenStack Foundation: One view on making projects work better together.
- The Kilo Design Summit in Paris: What to look forward to at the next design sessions and how it is being planned.
- How is IBM using OpenStack: Recordings and slides from last week's Hangout with Emily Hugenbruch
- Offline, CLI-based Gerrit code review with Gertty: A new tool recently released by the OpenStack Infrastructure team.
- To improve flow, we must view OpenStack community as a Software Factory: Addressing system flows to help optimize OpenStack production.
- OpenStack as layers but also a big tents but also a bunch of cats: A taxonomy of ideas and some concrete suggestions for improvement.
- Improving documentation for new OpenStack contributors: How to get new developers started faster.
And, just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: When I see a long and very much animated email thread starting on openstack-devel.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- 2 weeks in the bug tracker: Keeping the bug count as low as possible.
- Please do *NOT* use "vendorized" versions of anything: A robust conversation around vendorized libraries.
- Integration plan moving forward: How Heat and Zaqar are coming together.
- Oslo final releases ready: Shared libraries for Juno are now available.
- Weekly community office hours: September 23, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: September 23, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- First OpenStack St. Louis meetup: September 23, 2014; Chesterfield, MO.
- Docker + OpenStack: September 24, 2014; Athens, Greece
- TripleO and Heat for Application Deployment: September 25, 2014; Seattle, WA
- Weekly community office hours: September 26, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.