Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 2 - 8
A look back at the Austin OpenStack Summit
The twice-annual OpenStack Summit wrapped up last week in Austin, Texas, bringing together 7,500 developers, users, and others open source cloud enthusiasts from around the globe. Let's take a quick look back at some of the highlights and news from the past week in this special post-Summit edition of our weekly OpenStack news.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack begins the long journey from maturity to ubiquity: An interview with Red Hat's Chris Wright.
- Collaborate or die: Why no tech company is too big to fail.
- OpenStack's director: Why open source cloud should be the core of your data center.
- Make data center diversity work for you with OpenStack: Bimodal IT doesn't have to be a nightmare.
- Is the OpenStack big tent model working: Project leaders talk about what's working and what's not.
- OpenStack Foundation calls for greater enterprise input in open source initiatives: Enterprises are increasingly realising that their future depends on being actively involved with open source.
- OpenStack is about disruption and technological diversity: OpenStack Summit has grown from 75 people to 7,500 people in 6 years.
- OpenStack Summit talks: It's time to embrace disruption.
- Creating a smart conference with OpenStack and containers: How smart city project measures temperature using OpenStack, Kubernetes and OpenContrail.
- How OpenStack is influencing other storage buying decisions: OpenStack is affecting every aspect of IT infrastructure.
- OpenStack: The telecoms' cloud of choice.
- The 3 reasons why OpenStack is now ready for corporate primetime: It's all about maturity.
- What you need to know about OpenStack and container networking: The current state of container networking with OpenStack and how the community is addressing users' most common requests.
- OpenStack users talk benefits, challenges of open source clouds: Managing open source clouds isn't easy.
- OpenStack Community Contributor Awards recognize unsung contributors: A lot of behind-the-scenes work goes on in the community.
- OpenStack Security Project continues to help secure the cloud: The leader of the OpenStack Security Project details technologies and processes now in place to help build, configure and deploy the cloud securely.
- OpenStack Summit: Checking in after another six months.
- Women of OpenStack mentoring program launches at Austin Summit: With 66 matches already, the mentoring program launched by the Women of OpenStack is already off to a great start.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Monthly South Florida OpenStack users group: Thursday, May 5; Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Beyond the Summit: Thursday, May 5; Houston, TX.
- VietOpenStack: Saturday, May 7; Hanoi, Vietnam.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.