OpenStack is a set of software tools for building and managing cloud computing platforms for public and private clouds. Backed by some of the biggest companies in software development and hosting, as well as thousands of individual community members, many think that OpenStack is the future of cloud computing. OpenStack is managed by the OpenStack Foundation, a non-profit which oversees both development and community-building around the project.
If you want to learn more about the OpenStack community and what's going on behind-the-scenes, we've featured a number of articles that you might want to check out:
- The Women of OpenStack talk outreach, education, and mentoring
- Copyright statements proliferate inside open source code
- How OpenStack differs from Amazon and must rise to the occasion
- Open source private cloud storage with OpenStack Swift
- How to analyze corporate contributions to open source projects