Year-in-Review: Business hot topics on Opensource.com | Opensource.com
Year-in-Review: Business hot topics on Opensource.com
Many of our best articles in 2013 covered open source projects and businesses, including open business models for heirarchy and modes of operations within the company structure as well as businesses built on and serving up open source software or hardware.
Our Top 2 Business articles this year are:
- Open source is brutal: an interview with Google's Chris DiBona
Google's Chris DiBona shared with Red Hatter and interviewer Jodi Biddle some background on how he got started with open source software and how he's leading Google's open source initiatives today.
Also featured in this year's Best of Opensource.com: Top 10 interviews in 2013.
- Your visual how-to guide for SELinux policy enforcement
Red Hatters Daniel J. Walsh and Máirín Duffy teamed up to produce this visual tutorial for the powerful labeling system, SELinux. Let them know if you'd like to see a Part II!
Also featured in this year's Best of Opensource.com: Top guides for getting things done the open source way.
Best poll of the year
Which office suite do you use? had 5754 votes! See who won.
Top 10 open business articles in 2013
- Open source is brutal: an interview with Google's Chris DiBona (read here)
- Your visual how-to guide for SELinux policy enforcement (read here)
- ProjectLibre edges in on Microsoft Project dominance (read here)
- Open source project management on the rise (read here)
- Why I love OwnCloud: answer to Dropbox lock-in (read here)
- Journalist creates open source solution to extract data from PDFs (read here)
- Why Python is perfect for startups (read here)
- Do cloud right: Four critical steps to selecting the provider for you (read here)
- Open source engine Docker teams up with the Fedora Project (read here)
- Open source code and business models: More than just a license (read here)
What open source business would you like to see us cover in 2014?