OpenStack speaking opportunities, design guide book sprint, and more | Opensource.com
OpenStack speaking opportunities, design guide book sprint, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack—here's a sampling:
- OpenStack design guide book sprint: How to write a complete OpenStack book in 3-5 days.
- Marconi to AMQP: See you later: Should Marconi support traditional queuing systems?
- Summer speaking sessions and call for papers: Opportunities abound for sharing your OpenStack expertise.
- Tracking multiple OpenStack projects using StoryBoard: Introducing a new task management system designed to span multiple projects.
- Rackspace brings the OpenStack cloud to bare metal: Rackspace utilized Ironic to offer bare metal hosting.
- Red Hat to acquire OpenStack integrator eNovance: Cloud integration experts find a new home at Red Hat.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- [nova] A modest proposal to reduce reviewer load: Would a "trivial" review flag help keep non-essential code review off core reviewer's plates?
- [openstack-dev] [hacking] rules for removal: Which rules are truly necessary to ensure clean and readable code?
- [openstack-dev] What's up doc? June 19, 2014: Updates from the documentation program technical lead.
- Weekly community office hours: June 24, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: June 24, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Building/deploying an OpenStack environment: June 24, 2014; Nairobi, Kenya
- Ceph goes big for data, OpenStack & the storage of everything: June 24, 2014; Sunnyvale, CA
- OpenStack Seattle Meetup: Load balancing: June 26, 2014; Seattle, WA
- OpenStack, PaaS, and the code-to-cloud toolchain: June 26, 2014; Los Angeles, CA
- Weekly community office hours: June 27, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories.