The push for interoperability, an OpenStack card deck, and more | Opensource.com
The push for interoperability, an OpenStack card deck, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Your baby is ugly: Picking which code is required for Commercial Core.
- Why a top automaker adopted OpenStack: How a major manufacturer is using OpenStack to change their processes and save money.
- OpenStack's search for true self: The push for interoperability between OpenStack clouds.
- Getting my hands dirty on an OpenStack lab: A recap of Percona's internal OpenStack test.
- The most influential people of OpenStack: Help decide who makes it onto an unofficial OpenStack card deck.
- OpenStack Ceilometer and the Gnocchi experiment: One developer's story of working on a time series databast project for OpenStack.
- Call for Proposals: Open source ecosystem design sessions: A place at the Paris Summit to discuss projects in the OpenStack ecosystem.
- QA Program from Juno into the future: A look at today's three projects in the QA program and what the future might hold.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The Czar system, or how to scale PTLs: preventing burnout and delegating authority from program team leads.
- Criteria for giving a -1 in a review: Give more specific feedback to help communicate clear messages to codes.
- [Neutron] Incubator concerns from packaging perspective: Raising some issues with a experimentation space for OpenStack networking.
- Weekly community office hours: August 26, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: August 26, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- What's new in GlusterFS: August 27, 2014; Mountain View, CA
- OpenStack networking 2014 update: August 28, 2014; Google+ Hangout
- Next gen infrastructure with Openstack and Docker: August 28, 2014; Brisbane, Australia
- Live Nova upgrades with no downtime: August 28, 2014; Seattle, WA
- Introduction to RDO and Packstack: August 28, 2014; Auckland, New Zealand
- OpenStack Swift hackathon: August 28, 2014; King of Prussia, PA
- Deploying OpenStack with Puppet Labs: August 28, 2014; Lindon, UT
- A look at OpenStack networking: August 28, 2014; Pasadena, CA
- Weekly community office hours: August 29, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.