Open Art grant would invest $15,000 into development of open source beat making software
Beat Making Lab assembling development team
Our Beat Making Lab is applying for an Open Art grant, which would allow us to start development on our dream: open source beat making software we are calling PAMOJA, which means oneness or solidarity.
The grant is sponsored by Mozilla and Eyebeam Art & Technology Center and would invest $15,000 towards development of the software. This would help us foster music creation in communities internationally.
We need a developer by Wednesday, October 17th!
- Check out the Open Eye equipment inventory list
- Articulate how you would use it to develop PAMOJA
- Email us at: email@example.com
Note: our developer cannot currently be enrolled in a degree-granting academic program.
More about our work:
- Read our article on our trip to Brazil, where the idea to build PAMOJA was born
- Read our article on recent trip to The Congo, connecting musicians to music-making software
- Watch our video of music made and experience in The Congo
- Join our open beats mailing list at www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/openbeats