Top 10 posts from Opensource.com in April 2014
Top 10 open source posts from April 2014
We had a great April at Opensource.com bringing in 373,457 page views and 206,314 unique visits. During the month, we announced the recipients of the Opensource.com Community Awards, receiving heartfelt praise from one of the winners in this press release.
"As open source software continues to gain mainstream adoption, Opensource.com is serving a critical role in fostering a culture of collaboration to harness real-world experiences and tackle the business and technology challenges facing us today," said Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of platform evangelism. "I am deeply honored to be recognized by the Opensource.com community for contributing to this effort."
OpenStack continues to be a popular topic on the site. We published nine articles related to OpenStack news and updates which generated almost 13,000 page views. Our "What is OpenStack?" resource page maintained the 4th position on search results.
And, for the 4th month in a row, the most visited page on the site was Top 5 open source project management tools in 2014, written by Community Moderator, Robin Muilwijk. The article had almost 40,000 page views and continues to get steady traffic from search.
As always, a big thank you to our community of readers and contributors for sending in story ideas and submitting open source events. We also appreciate everyone sharing their favorite articles on social media—with peers, colleagues, students, educators, and more who are new to open source and the open source way.
A few of our favorite articles from last month.
- Angie Byron (aka Webchick) on Drupal 8, getting kids into open source, and more
- Avoid these five common pitfalls in open source projects
- 9 productivity hacks from Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst
- An interview with David A. Wheeler reveals why open source project forking is still a big problem in government
- What happens when kids outgrow Scratch?
Top 10 articles on Opensource.com in April 2014
- 5 key insights on the transition from Windows to Linux, by Robin Isard | 8,532 page views
- 7 skills to land your open source dream job, by Jason Hibbets (Red Hat) | 6,329 page views
- Linux to the rescue! Windows XP support discontinued today, by Luis Ibanez | 6,001 page views
- Five open source tools libraries need to know about, by Nicole C. Engard | 4,018 page views
- How Git redefined open source software development, by Matt Attaway | 3,553 page views
- The story of Koha, the first open source library management system, by Joann Ransom | 2,375 page views
- TryStack makes OpenStack experimentation easy, by Jason Baker (Red Hat) | 2,344 page views
- BASIC programming with Gambas for the beginner programmer, by Joshua Holm | 2,326 page views
- Crowdfunding an open source laptop, a new Apache project, and more, by Jason Baker (Red Hat) | 2,256 page views
- You can't have DevOps without open source, by Jen Krieger (Red Hat) | 2,256 page views
- What is open source? page: 13,787 page views
- Opensource.com homepage: 27,660 page views
Are these stats and rankings helpful? Tell us what would you like to see Opensource.com report on every month to the community.