Whether or not you're among the throngs hurriedly trying to get everything wrapped before the end of the week, it's a good time to consider some end-of-the-year giving. So why not send some money towards open projects?
- If you sign up for a Linux Foundation membership by the end of today, you'll be entered to win $50 to the Linux.com store.
- Creative Commons is recruiting a "legion of CC Superheroes" who donate $25 or more.
- We've highlighted several Kickstarter projects on opensource.com. You could make somebody's year by supporting creativity.
- Make a microloan through Kiva.
- Some open source projects simply take donations, like GIMP and KDE, or benefit from the sale of their goodies, like GNOME. And of course, if you've been on Wikipedia lately, you've seen the banners with "an urgent appeal from Jimmy Wales."