The Open Book is released by The Open Knowledge Foundation
The Open Book (Free Stuff Friday!)
The Open Book is an essential reference point for those interested in the culmination of a global movement for change in a time of rapid social progress.
The Open Book is
- licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
- the third part of the Reaktio series
- an exploration of the social and technological manifestations of the emerging open movement
- over 25 in-depth thought pieces written by pioneers of openness around the world
- a living digital document which chronicles the legacy of open knowledge and open data movements over time
Who are some of these pioneers?
- Free Software Foundation, Karsten Gerloff
- Open Data Manchester, JulianTait
- IBM, Ville Peltola
- The Centre for Sustainable Communications, Jorge Luis Zapico
- The Guardian, Simon Rogers
- The Open Hardware Summit, Catarina Mota
- Open Design Now, Peter Troxler
- The Harvard Berkman Centre for Internet & Society, Mayo Fuster Morell
Who's behind The Open Book?
- Released by: The Open Knowledge Foundation and The Finnish Institute in London
- Editors: Jussi Nissilä and Kaitlyn Braybrooke, with Timo Vuorikivi
- Book design: Design by Åh
- Web design: Kaitlyn Braybrooke
See, read, and download it here.