The Open Book is an essential reference point for those interested in the culmination of a global movement for change in a time of rapid social progress.
The Open Book is
- licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
- the third part of the Reaktio series
- an exploration of the social and technological manifestations of the emerging open movement
- over 25 in-depth thought pieces written by pioneers of openness around the world
- a living digital document which chronicles the legacy of open knowledge and open data movements over time
Who are some of these pioneers?
- Free Software Foundation, Karsten Gerloff
- Open Data Manchester, JulianTait
- IBM, Ville Peltola
- The Centre for Sustainable Communications, Jorge Luis Zapico
- The Guardian, Simon Rogers
- The Open Hardware Summit, Catarina Mota
- Open Design Now, Peter Troxler
- The Harvard Berkman Centre for Internet & Society, Mayo Fuster Morell
Who's behind The Open Book?
- Released by: The Open Knowledge Foundation and The Finnish Institute in London
- Editors: Jussi Nissilä and Kaitlyn Braybrooke, with Timo Vuorikivi
- Book design: Design by Åh
- Web design: Kaitlyn Braybrooke
See, read, and download it here.