In the Open Organization book club this week, we're discussing Chapter 4: Choosing Meritocracy, not Democracy.
Chat with us September 24 at 2:00 pm ET/11:00 am PT (18:00 UTC) using the hashtag #OpenOrgChat.
Follow @OpenOrgBook for updates.
Also follow our live stream.
This week's special guests
Some of the questions we'll explore
- What are the most important differences between meritocratic and democratic organizational structures?
- Have you ever worked in an environment where the best ideas often won? How did it impact your desire to contribute?
- When have you found meritocracy to work most effectively?
- What actions can a manager take to encourage meritocracy? How about junior or senior team members?
- When everyone is sharing ideas, what role should attribution and giving credit play?
Don't wait to chat with us live! Join the discussion that's already happening.