Join us here at 2 p.m. ET (19:00 UTC) for an #OpenOrgChat
April 21 #OpenOrgChat: Open Organizations on Main Street
Join us today for an #OpenOrgChat about Open Organizations on Main Street. Our community will gather on Twitter using the #OpenOrgChat hashtag at 2 p.m. Eastern (14:00 ET/19:00 UTC).
We'll send the questions from @OpenOrgBook, watch for your answers, and enjoy the conversation. We hope you can join us.
This week's special guests:
- Thomas Cameron (@thomasdcameron)
- Rebecca Fernandez (@ruhbehka)
- Charlie Reisinger (@charlie3)
- Jackie Yeaney (@jackieyeaney)
Some questions we'll explore
- What unique challenges do non-tech orgs face when becoming more open?
- What do tech-oriented orgs tend to take for granted that non-tech firms can't?
- What's the first step a leader can take to foster a culture of sharing in a traditionally closed org?
- What kind of transparency is possible in orgs with strong mandates to protect personal information, like hospitals?
- How can you practice inclusive decision-making when access to/familiarity with digital tools is limited?
- How can we translate "with more eyes, all bugs are shallow" for non-tech orgs?
- What types of mainstream organizations could benefit from adopting open org principles?