Join us later today for an #OpenOrgChat about open organizations and non-profits! As usual, we'll gather around the #OpenOrgChat hashtag at 2 p.m. Eastern (14:00 ET/19:00 UTC).
This week's special guests
- Matt Thompson (@openmatt)
- E.G. Nadhan (@NadhanEG)
- David Egts (@davidegts)
- Karen Sandler (@o0karen0o)
- Leslie Hawthorn (@lhawthorn)
- Danese Cooper (@divadanese)
Some questions we'll explore
- What makes a union between OpenOrg thinking and non-profit work so appealing?
- How does an organization's status as non-profit affect organizational culture?
- What can open organizations learn from successful non-profits?
- What are your most effective strategies for aligning passion and purpose (surely @openmatt has some ideas)?
- What challenges do non-profits encounter when they try to open up (I bet @lhawthorn and @divadanese have stories)?
- What unique value do non-profits bring to open source communities specifically? (we're looking at you @o0karen0o)
- What books would you recommend to someone interested in OpenOrg thinking and non-profit work?