I am a lawyer and community-builder, and currently the co-founder and general counsel of Tidelift.
In previous lives, I've been:
- Deputy General Counsel at the Wikimedia Foundation;
- a board member of the Open Source Initiative, and chair of the licensing committee;
- an associate at Greenberg Traurig, working for a variety of clients on technology transactions and licensing issues;
- an attorney at Mozilla, where I led the revision of the Mozilla Public License, version 2.0;
- maintainer of a GPL'd operating system for Lego Mindstorms robots;
- QA and management with GNOME, Ximian, and Novell;
- a member of the GNOME board of directors.