Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- What's new with OpenStack upstream training: Making new contributor onboarding easier is still a top goal of the OpenStack Foundation.
- Transforming scientific research with OpenStack: The Naturalis Biodiversity Center supports researchers' needs with cloud computing.
- OpenStack punches above its weight: How the open source project is competing with proprietary cloud offerings.
- Comparing AWS and OpenStack database as a service: How OpenStack Trove stacks up.
- Has Linux got OpenStack licked? The Vanilla 'Plus' strategy: Which OpenStack projects are seeing use in production, and how this is shaping the effort's future.
- OpenStack focus: How can the companies contributing to OpenStack better focus their efforts.
- Get to grips with the latest features of OpenStack with this book: A new edition of Mastering OpenStack from Packt Publishing hits the shelves this month.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Oaktree: A friendly end-user oriented API layer.
- Kolla-ansible is available: Launching a new (but related) project.
- OpenStack client, OpenStack SDK and Neutron client consistency: Looking for the best way to solve a bug.
- OpenStack Day France: Tuesday, November 22; Paris, France.
- OpenStack meetup: Tuesday, November 22; Budapest, Hungary.
- Testing with Tempest and extending traditional routing protocols: Tuesday, November 22; Manchester, UK.
- OpenStack meetup: Thursday, November 24; St. Petersburg, Russia.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.