Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: December 12, 2016
Customizing docs, a new analytics tool, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Customizing OpenStack docs to the communities they serve: Lana Brinley on how the documentation team adapted to meet the larger community's needs.
- See how your OpenStack deployment compares with this new analytics tool: Gaining insights and seeing how your cloud stacks up.
- Dear boss, I want to attend the OpenStack Summit: How to make a pitch for attending the OpenStack community gathering.
- Building MySQL DBaaS on OpenStack and Ceph clouds: Using OpenStack to ease the development process by making databases easy.
- How the new Project Team Gathering event affects OpenStack Ocata: A new event, a shorter development cycle, and more on what this change means.
- The case for OpenStack and Ceph subscriptions: Supporting the community in more ways than one.
- How to become an OpenStack Active User Contributor: Learn about the eight different way to achieve AUC status.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- What exactly is the Stewardship Working Group, anyhow?: Clarifying the vision for the SWG.
- Is this a correct use of scheduler hints and nova-scheduler: Does it allow vendors add custom keys and filters?
- Draft team mascot: The Horizon web dashboard gets a mascot.
- OpenStack Wrocław meetup: Monday, December 12; Wroclaw, Poland.
- Auto scaling and sentinel: Tuesday, December 13; Fort Collins, CO.
- OpenStack meetup: Tuesday, December 13; Hamburg, Germany.
- Let's install DevStack on an Intel NUC and raffle it off: Wednesday, December 14; Vancouver, BC.
- OpenStack and Ceph end of year 2016 meetup: Wednesday, December 14; Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- OpenStack Director features and demo: Wednesday, December 14; New York, NY.
- From Newton to Ocata: Wednesday, December 14; Milano, Italy.
- Making infrastructure consumable on OpenStack: Wednesday, December 14; Seattle, WA.
- OpenStack and OpenContrail in production: Thursday, December 15; Santa Clara, CA.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.