Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: December 19, 2016
Running containers, reducing complexity, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
As the holiday season nears, OpenStack development typically slows. This will be our last weekly coverage of OpenStack development for 2016, and we look forward to seeing you back in the new year.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- 11 benefits to running your containers on OpenStack: Why Linux containers and OpenStack are made better together.
- Latest OpenStack release addresses complexity: Easing both scaling and infrastructure management.
- Pushing the boundaries of OpenStack: How to better understand the performance of a cloud system.
- OpenStack, HPC, and public clouds: What’s on the horizon.
- Easy guides for working with Ceph alongside OpenStack: A new book makes working with Ceph and OpenStack easier.
- Workload reference architectures address requirements for deploying OpenStack clouds: Two members of the Enterprise Working Group explain reference architectures and how they can help you.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Golang technical requirements: What would it take to add an additional official language to OpenStack's codebase?
- Self-service branch management: Branch automation work is now complete.
- Let's kill quota classes: Looking back at an older issue in Nova for the next cycle.
- How to run Mistral workflows via templates: Triggering Mistral workflows from a Heat template in TripleO.
- Release countdown for week R-9, 19-23 Dec: Moving along the steps to the next release.
- OpenStack Neutron meets open networking: Wednesday, January 4; Richardson, TX.
- South Florida OpenStack users group: Thursday, January 5; Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- OpenStack why and how: Friday, January 13; Copenhagen, Denmark.
- OpenStack Budapest; Wednesday, January 25; Budapest, Hungary.
- Discuss and Learn about OpenStack: Thursday, January 26; Denver, CO.
- An OpenStack breakfast morning: Tuesday, January 31; Dublin, Ireland.
If you're interested in OpenStack development and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.