This week in OpenStack: December 5, 2016
Powering NFV, Kubernetes integration, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack becomes a standard building block for NFV: Why telecoms are turning to the open source cloud for their networking needs.
- What do you think of a joint Kubernetes OpenStack environment?: How can container management integrate into an OpenStack cloud?
- What's new in OpenStack in 2016: A look at the Newton release.
- The dos and don'ts for Ceph for OpenStack: Managing your storage needs and integrating with your cloud.
- 4 OpenStack guides to help you build your open source cloud: The best learning resources for cloud developers and admins.
- China puts money where the cloud is, ramps up OpenStack adoption: More Chinese companies are investing time and resources in OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Exposing project team's metadata in README files: Bringing badges to individual OpenStack projects.
- Allowing teams based on vendor-specific drivers: Defining rules for contributors and projects to 'level the playing field.'
- Creating a new IRC meeting room: Does the project need a fifth meeting room to prevent collisions?
- What's Up, Doc? Holiday Edition!: What's happening in the world of OpenStack documentation?
- OpenStack developer coffee and code: Monday, December 5; St. Paul, MN.
- Building a case for OpenStack in Pakistan: Monday, December 5; Islamabad, Pakistan.
- OpenStack workshop: Tuesday, December 6; Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- SDN for containers, OpenStack VMs, and bare metal servers: Tuesday, December 6; Sunnyvale, CA.
- OpenStack Days Mountain West 2016: Wednesday, December 7; Salt Lake City, UT.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.