Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
From news sites to developer blogs, there's a lot being written about OpenStack every week. Here are a few highlights.
- Community leadership charts course for OpenStack: How the OpenStack community is planning for the future.
- OpenStack board elects Huawei as platinum member: New corporate partners help lead the OpenStack Foundation.
- Exploring the OpenStack neighborhood: An offbeat install guide.
- RDO CI promotion pipelines in a nutshell: How the RDO repositories are tested.
- How to set up your work environment to become an OpenStack developer: One way to get your development environment up and running.
- OpenStack private cloud is doing just fine: Enterprises are continuing to make use of private cloud solutions.
OpenStack is developed out in the open, and many of the conversations shaping development can be found on the OpenStack developers mailing list. Here's a sample of some of the popular threads this past week.
- Reseller - do we need it: Is this use case needed?
- Requesting assistance to unblock SQLAlchemy 1.1 from requirements: What is needed in order to get this moving?
- Project on-boarding rooms: Planning space at the forum.
- Moving stewardship working group meeting: Finding a more accessible time for this meeting.
- ZooKeeper vs etcd for Tooz/DLM: Finding the right tool for the job.
Meetups and OpenStack user group events are taking place across the globe, and chances are, there's an event near you. Have a suggestion for an event to add to this list? Email us and let us know, or add it to our events calendar.
- OpenStack meetup Frankfurt: Monday, March 20; Frankfurt, Germany.
- OpenStack in production: Monday, March 20; Rennes, France.
- Swiss OpenStack user group: Tuesday, March 21; Zürich, Switzerland.
- OpenStack architecture discussion: Tuesday, March 21; Fort Collins, CO.
- Mobile cloud computing on OpenStack: Tuesday, March 21; Cork, Ireland.
- What it takes to have a successful OpenStack deployment: Tuesday, March 21; Charlotte, NC.
- OpenStack Day Poland: Wednesday, March 22; Kraków, Poland.
- OpenStack and the growth of the container ecosystem: Thursday, March 23; Pasadena, CA.
- OpenStack + Kubernetes 101: Thursday, March 23; Lehi, UT.
In addition to these in-person events, if you're interested in following OpenStack development, a number of projects hold regular meetings on IRC.