Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
8 new blog posts is on how to encourage new contributors
8 new blog posts on how to encourage new contributors
Help us collect community knowledge by blogging about the weekly community management theme.
Get the newsletter
Help us collect community knowledge by blogging about the weekly community management theme. Blog posts are due the following Thursday after each new theme is announced. Next week's challenge is Maintaining Existing Community.
— Stormy (@storming) April 13, 2017
Thanks for everyone that shared their knowledge about how the first theme Encourage New Contributors! So, how do you encourage new contributors? Let's see what people had to say.
Blog posts for theme #1: Encourage New Contributors
For next week, the blogging theme is Maintaining Existing Community. Send your blog to me by next Thursday, April 20 by tagging your post with #osscommunities on Twitter.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Who was the first community manager you ever met? (Give them a heads up before you write about them, if you can!)
- Should community managers sit in marketing or engineering?
- Tell us about a long-term working relationship you've had with a community online, whom you haven't met in person.
- How does meeting people IRL (in real life) help or improve working relationships?
- Can you have too big a community? If so, what's "too big", and what problems does it cause?
- How do you encourage and retain non-code contributors?
- What does a community manager do?