Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: October 27 - November 2
OpenStack Kilo planning, Juno reviews, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Juno packs in features, pursues wider adoption: The new release is out there, and the reviews are starting to come in.
- Peer reviews for Neutron core reviewers: Better defining the team's roles and improving core experience.
- OpenStack foundation staffing news: Congratulations to everyone on their well-deserved upgrades
- OpenStack startup/venture capital ecosystem: It’s real and coming to Paris!
- Specs for Kilo: What might the developers attempt to accomplish in the next release?
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- How can we get more feedback from users: Creating a mechanism for getting more feedback.
- The sorry state of cinder's driver in Glance: How to better connect block storage with the OpenStack image service.
- API Workgroup git repository: Moving forward to improve the API expience.
- Disambiguating the term "discovery": Hardware discovery and hardware "introspection" are different things.
- Proposal - add support for Markdown for docs: Would a new format make documenting DevStack easier?
- Japan OpenStack User Group Meetup: October 27, 2014; Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Weekly community office hours: October 28, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: October 28, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Open World Forum: October 30-November 1; Paris, France
- Weekly community office hours: October 31, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack Summit: November 3-7; Paris, France
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.