Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: October 7 - 13
Last day to take OpenStack survey, implemented blueprints, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Blueprints implemented in Nova during Juno: What's new in the upcoming release?
- Answering the existential question in OpenStack: More thoughts on what fits in the OpenStack universe.
- #1 OpenStack Contributor: all of us: Congratulations to the whole community.
- The OpenStack user survey: Today is the last day to respond!
And, just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: After five days at the summit.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- How to scale documentation: A proposed new model for distributing docs across projects.
- Governance changes for "big tent" model: Bringing together several recent proposals.
- [TripleO] A need to assert user ownership in preserved state: Three potential approaches.
- Icehouse failure rates are somewhat catastrophic: Who is actually maintaining it?
- Weekly community office hours: October 7, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: October 7, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Telco Cloud World Forum: October 7–9, 2014; Dallas, TX
- Network Functions Virtualization: October 7, 2014; Paris, France
- Weekly community office hours: October 10, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- CloudOpen / LinuxCon Europe: October 13–15, 2014; Düsseldorf, Germany
- Futurecom: October 13–16, 2014; Sao Paolo, Brazil
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.