Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 17 - 23
OpenStack's developers make plans for the next release
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack SDK post-summit update: What's new in the software development kit for OpenStack?
- What's coming in Kilo for Glance, Zaqar and Oslo: Some of what we might be able to expect in the next release.
- Sahara updates in the OpenStack Juno release: Hadoop's OpenStack implementation has some new features.
- Horizon topics during Kilo development summit: OpenStack's dashboard moves towards Angular.js.
- OpenStack 2015 – The year of the enterprise: The time has come.
- What is Ceilometer's minimum viable product: How to make metering and monitoring work better.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The future of angular.js development in Horizon: Efforts to modernize the interface.
- Separate horizon and openstack_dashboard: How best to rename the separate components.
- Let's fix all neutron bugs! (NOT): Making bug triage a little more effective.
- Kilo graduation plans: How code is being updated within the Oslo libraries.
- FIT OpenStack Meetup after Summit: November 18, 2014; Sorocaba, São Paulo, Brazil
- Overview Of TripleO: November 19, 2014; New York, New York
- The Software-Defined Data Center: November 20, 2014; Mountain View, California
- Overview Of Trove: November 20, 2014; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- OpenStack Korea User Group Meetup: November 20, 2014; Seoul, South Korea
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.