Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 24-30
A look back and a look ahead for OpenStack
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack approaching a critical phase in its development: Dealing with competing views to keep OpenStack excellent
- Empowering OpenStack cloud storage: OpenStack Juno release storage overview
- Looking back on the OpenStack Summit: A view on Paris from Scality
- Hidden Influencers become OpenStack Product Managers: Reflections on a productive meeting at Summit
- Wrapping up the Travel Support Program: Making summit travel accessible to everyone
- Distributed group management and locking in Python with Tooz: How Tooz is being used within OpenStack
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Organizational changes to support stable branches: Should every project designate a stable branch liaison?
- [Neutron] Stale patches: Setting older, unupdated patches to 'abandoned'
- Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories: How best to divide the multiple layers of network infrastructure
- A mascot for Ironic: Doesn't every project need a furry animal representative?
- DevOps Kansas City with guest speaker Jérôme Petazzoni of Docker: November 24, 2014; Kansas City, MO
- Australian OpenStack user group: November 24, 2014; Brisbane, Australia
- Metering OpenStack with Ceilometer: November 25, 2014; Sydney, Australia
- Bulgaria OpenStack user group meetup: November 26, 2014; Sofia, Bulgaria
- What's new in GlusterFS: November 26, 2014; Mountain View, CA
- Paris OpenStack Summit overview: November 27, 2014; Wellington, New Zealand
- Docker Bangalore session on Kubernetes: November 27, 2014; Bangalore, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.