Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: December 15 - 21
10,000 OpenStack questions, debunking myths, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Ask OpenStack passes 10,000 questions: But there are still 1,700 to answer, let's get busy!
- At the ripe old age of 5, will OpenStack simmer down: The times are still changing fast.
- Debunking six OpenStack developer myths: Nothing is as hard as it may seem.
- How Tapjoy uses OpenStack to deliver billions of daily requests globally: More on the Summit keynoter.
- OpenStack DefCore enters execution phase: More on the next steps for DefCore.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Waiting for reviews on my spec
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- People of OpenStack (and their IRC nicks): How do you find the people behind the code?
- [hacking] Proposed rules drop for 1.0: Changing some rules to make things work better.
- [neutron] Linux capabilities vs sudo/rootwrap: What is the best way to grant permissions?
- [neutron] Services are now split out and neutron is open for commits: FWaaS, LBaaS, and VPNaaS now have their own repos.
- [neutron] Mid-cycle update: Here's where we are.
- The twelve clouds of Christmas: December 16, 2014; Austin, TX
- nova boot --flavor m1.tiny meetup0: December 17, 2014; Montevideo, Uruguay
- OpenStack Northwest birthday party: December 17, 2014; Portland, OR
- OpenStack DACH day: December 17, 2014: Berlin, Germany
- Is OpenStack ready for Enterprises: December 18, 2014; New York, NY
- South Bay OpenStack meetup for beginners: December 18, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- DefCore - making OpenStack standard and interoperable: December 18, 2014; Google+ Hangout
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.