Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: December 8 - 14
Landing your first contribution, OpenStack dominates open source cloud, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Selling a non-product: The multifaceted OpenStack
- OpenStack gains traction: Progress being made but still some work to be done
- OpenStack is open for business: What has happened in the past four years?
- OpenStack dominates open source cloud: CloudStack and Eucalyptus have lost significant market share in the last two years
- Self-service database administration: Not as scary as it sounds
- Studying midcycle sprints and meetings: How different projects coordinate between summits
- Landing your first OpenStack contribution: Fire up git and make a commit
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Starting a VM on my newly deployed OpenStack cloud
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Gerrit review problem: An inconvenient point in the Gerrit review process
- Change to Oslo release process to support stable branch requirement caps: Clarifying the release plan
- Changing how the modals are closed in Horizon: A comparison of different approaches
- Exception proposals for 2014.2.1: Pushing out changes to the stable release
- Automating OpenStack clouds and beyond with StackStorm: December 10, 2014; Google+ Hangout
- OpenStack DC Meetup: December 10, 2014; Washington, DC
- What's New in GlusterFS 3.6: December 10, 2014; Mountain View, CA
- Scalable multi-tenant logging, metrics and monitoring as a service for OpenStack: December 10, 2014; Mountain View, CA
- OpenStack distros and deployment workshop: December 11, 2014; Köln, Germany
- OpenStack Pittsburgh with special guest Perry Myers: December 11, 2014; Pittsburgh, PA
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.