Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
Cloud storage considerations, OpenStack Summit in review, and more | Opensource.com
Cloud storage considerations, OpenStack Summit in review, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Plan for the splitting of Horizon into two repositories: A discussion around how to better organize the source code of OpenStack's visual dashboard, Horizon.
- Neutron Blueprints for Juno-1: Making the tough decisions about what features can hit what target dates.
- Supporting retries in neutronclient: Should users be able to set Neutron's number of tries to connect?
- Sahara Summit wrap-up: backward compatibility: How do you support new features and keep on supporting older installations?
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff be written about OpenStack; here's a sampling of what we thought you might find interesting.
- Start considering Ceph as a backend for OpenStack Cinder (to replace LVM): Another option for underlying your block storage deployment.
- What's next for OpenStack is Ironic: A quick video glance at what's ahead for OpenStack Juno.
- 10 Storage Products For OpenStack Clouds: With so many options on the market, how do you decide?
- Catching up with the Original Superusers: A look at how Cisco, CERN, Bloomberg and DigitalFilm Tree are using OpenStack.
- OpenStack Design Summit Juno, from a Ceilometer point of view: How developers are bringing telemetry to the open source cloud.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack Reactions: The way I feel when upgrading my OpenStack cloud.
- OpenStack UK Day: June 4, 2014; London, UK
- South Bay OpenStack Meetup – Beginner track: June 5, 2014; Sunnyvale, CA
- Tech Next: OpenStack: June 7, 2014; Pune, India
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to many of these stories.