Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Use of the word certified: Finding the right words to describe reliability in projects.
- OpenStack races piling up in the gate: The need to focus on recheck bugs.
- Move CPU and memory allocation ratio out of scheduler: Should ratio definition move out of the Nova scheduler and into the resource tracker?
- Mid-cycle questions for folks: The Neutron team is preparing for the next meetup in Bloomington, MN.
- Reviews for the new Solum API: Finding the right process for doing API review.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff be written about OpenStack; here's a sampling of what we thought you might find interesting.
- 5 Ways OpenStack Improves Enterprise IT: The arguments for OpenStack in the enterprise IT datacenter.
- The OpenStack Stable Maintenance team releases 2014.1.1: Bug fixes, security issues resolved, and more!
- Analysis of April 2014 TC election: OpenStack release manager Thierry Carrez visualizes the results of the last technical committee election.
- An Ideal OpenStack Developer: Mark McLoughlin on the fantasy of the do-it-all developer versus the reality of what it takes to be a contributor.
- Enterprise OpenStack Deployments—Why Hide?: Are corporations using OpenStack keeping a tight lid on their competitive advantage?
- Does open source empower open cloud?: Richard Morrell kicks off a conversation on open infrastructure.
- Is OpenStack A Clear And Present Danger For Tech Incumbents?: Forbes offers their take on opportunities and risks of OpenStack.
- Open Source SDN Project OpenDaylight Adds New Members: The software defined networking movement continues to grow.
- Weekly Community Office Hours: June 10, 2014 online
- OpenStack & Fog: Intro to private "herokus": June 10, 2014; Houston, TX
- OpenStack 101: June 10, 2014; Austin, TX
- Port80 Sydney: Openstack & The Cloud: June 11, 2014; Sydney, Australia
- OpenStack Networking: June 11, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- State of the Union: OpenStack and Microsoft Windows: June 11, 2014; Cambridge, MA
- OpenStack Platform by Dave Costakos from Red Hat: June 12, 2014: Scottsdale, AZ
- Discussion on State of Object Storage Market with Swiftstack CEO Joe Arnold: June 12, 2014; New York, NY
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon: June 12, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- OpenStack Hands on Lab: June 13, 2014; Hydrabad, India
- Weekly Community Office Hours: June 13, 2014; online
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to many of these stories.