Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
The ideal OpenStack developer, OpenDaylight project grows, and more | Opensource.com
The ideal OpenStack developer, OpenDaylight project grows, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Use of the word certified: Finding the right words to describe reliability in projects.
- OpenStack races piling up in the gate: The need to focus on recheck bugs.
- Move CPU and memory allocation ratio out of scheduler: Should ratio definition move out of the Nova scheduler and into the resource tracker?
- Mid-cycle questions for folks: The Neutron team is preparing for the next meetup in Bloomington, MN.
- Reviews for the new Solum API: Finding the right process for doing API review.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff be written about OpenStack; here's a sampling of what we thought you might find interesting.
- 5 Ways OpenStack Improves Enterprise IT: The arguments for OpenStack in the enterprise IT datacenter.
- The OpenStack Stable Maintenance team releases 2014.1.1: Bug fixes, security issues resolved, and more!
- Analysis of April 2014 TC election: OpenStack release manager Thierry Carrez visualizes the results of the last technical committee election.
- An Ideal OpenStack Developer: Mark McLoughlin on the fantasy of the do-it-all developer versus the reality of what it takes to be a contributor.
- Enterprise OpenStack Deployments—Why Hide?: Are corporations using OpenStack keeping a tight lid on their competitive advantage?
- Does open source empower open cloud?: Richard Morrell kicks off a conversation on open infrastructure.
- Is OpenStack A Clear And Present Danger For Tech Incumbents?: Forbes offers their take on opportunities and risks of OpenStack.
- Open Source SDN Project OpenDaylight Adds New Members: The software defined networking movement continues to grow.
- Weekly Community Office Hours: June 10, 2014 online
- OpenStack & Fog: Intro to private "herokus": June 10, 2014; Houston, TX
- OpenStack 101: June 10, 2014; Austin, TX
- Port80 Sydney: Openstack & The Cloud: June 11, 2014; Sydney, Australia
- OpenStack Networking: June 11, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- State of the Union: OpenStack and Microsoft Windows: June 11, 2014; Cambridge, MA
- OpenStack Platform by Dave Costakos from Red Hat: June 12, 2014: Scottsdale, AZ
- Discussion on State of Object Storage Market with Swiftstack CEO Joe Arnold: June 12, 2014; New York, NY
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon: June 12, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- OpenStack Hands on Lab: June 13, 2014; Hydrabad, India
- Weekly Community Office Hours: June 13, 2014; online
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to many of these stories.