Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack—here's a sampling:
- On bug reporting...: Writing high quality bug reports isn't always easy.
- A path towards contributing (via commits) in OpenStack: Four steps to getting started making a technical contribution.
- Cray joins OpenStack, wins $54M supercomputer contract: The OpenStack Foundation gains another big-name sponsor.
- Red Hat adds new cloud management certification for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform: Guaranteeing hardware compatibility for OpenStack.
- OpenStack sees widespread enterprise adoption: The major challenges the project faced early on are now in the rear view mirror.
- With OpenStack Icehouse, CERN is closer to cloud federation: Getting clouds to talk to one another is becoming easier.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- [openstack-dev] [all] 3rd Party CI vs. Gerrit: How do automated continuous integration tools affect the readibility of code reviews?
- [openstack-dev] [swift] eventual consistency and lost updates: An explanation of how data replication works in OpenStack Swift.
- [openstack-dev] [Nova] Timeline for the rest of the Juno release: What to expect and when to expect it.
- Weekly community office hours: July 1, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: July 1, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Rhône-Alpes OpenStack Meetup July 1, 2014; Grenoble, France
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party July 1, 2014; Jakarta, Indonesia
- San Francisco Bay Meetup – Beginner track July 3, 2014; Sunnyvale, CA
- Paris OpenStack 4th Birthday July 4, 2014; Paris, France
- Hong Kong OpenStack 4th Birthday July 4, 2014; Hong Kong
- Weekly community office hours: July 4, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli and the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories.