Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: July 14-20
OpenStack Juno previews, Docker all the things, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack—here's a sampling:
- Call for speakers now open – November Summit in Paris: A friendly reminder to submit your talk for the next OpenStack Summit by July 28.
- OpenStack orchestration Juno update: What to expect from Heat in the next release cycle.
- Juno preview for OpenStack compute: A summary of upcoming changes to the Nova project.
- Juno preview for Glance and Marconi: Changes are coming to OpenStack's image management and messaging services, too.
- The place of a non-developer in the Openstack community: How can OpenStack be a more inclusive place for non-coders?
- RDO on CentOS 7: Some tips and tricks for running on the latest and greatest CentOS release.
- Just drop your fantasy of a king of OpenStack: How OpenStack's project structure keeps the project community-based.
- Docker all the things: OpenStack Keystone and Ceilometer automated builds on Docker hub.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Treating notifications as a contract: Is there value in stabilizing notifications behind a versioned and discoverable contract?
- [neutron] Switch from mysqldb to another eventlet aware mysql client: Solving issues with projects suffering from database lock timeouts due to deadlocks.
- Branchless Tempest beyond pure-API tests, impact on backporting policy: The difficulty of testing new features not discoverable via APIs.
- [TripleO] pypi-mirror is now unsupported - what do we do now?: How best to handle pypi-mirror needs now that it is no longer maintained by the infrastructure team.
It's time for OpenStack's 4th birthday party. See a longer list of local parties here.
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 15, 2014; Fairfield, CT
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 15, 2014; London, UK
- Weekly community office hours: July 15, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: July 15, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Celebrate OpenStack Icehouse and Juno: July 15, 2014; Fort Collins, CO
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 16, 2014; Seoul, Korea
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 16, 2014; New York, NY
- Automating OpenStack with StackStorm: July 17, 2014; Google+
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Atlanta, GA
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Quito, Ecuador
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Lexington, KY
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Netherlands
- New OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Philadelphia, PA
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Zürich, Switzerland
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 17, 2014; Hobart, Tasmania
- Weekly community office hours: July 18, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- 4th Birthday OpenStack Beijing: July 19, 2014; Beijing, China
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 19, 2014; Moscow, Russia
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 19, 2014; Caracas, Venezuela
- OSCON: July 20-24, 2014; Portland, Oregon
- OpenStack 4th Birthday Party: July 20, 2014; Mumbai, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.