Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- How to contribute to Openstack: A review of all the steps necessary for getting your commit into the system and accepted.
- That time when OpenStack turned four: Looking back at how far OpenStack has come as a community and as a project.
- OpenStack plays Tetris: Stacking and spreading a full private cloud: How selecting a hypervisor for your VMs is an import part of your cloud strategy.
- Only developers should file specifications and blueprints: Helping users make use of the right channels to report bugs and request features.
- One excellent book on OpenStack architecture: How twelve writers churned out the OpenStack Architecture Design Guide in five days.
And just for fun:
- OpenStack reactions: Trivial fix on a review of someone else while he’s asleep so jenkins can pass.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- [Neutron][LBaaS] Milestone and due dates: Setting the timeline for blueprints that don't have a Juno milestone.
- [Neutron][Nova] Weekly nova-network / neutron parity meeting: A regular discussion for the parity effort.
- [Nova] Fair standards for all hypervisor drivers: Treating all hypervisors equally as drivers are created and maintained.
- [Specs] How to continue spec discussion: Keeping the work going for features that won't be ready for the Juno release.
It's time for OpenStack's 4th birthday party. See a longer list of local parties here.
- Weekly community office hours: July 22, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: July 22, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- OpenStack 4th anniversary: July 23, 2014; Munich, Germany
- OpenStack 4th birthday party: July 24, 2014; Seattle, WA
- OpenStack 4th birthday party: July 24, 2014; Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Weekly community office hours: July 25, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- Openstack Brazil Day: July 26, 2014; Porto Alegre, Brazil
- OpenStack 4th anniversary July 28, 2014; Frankfurt, Germany
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.