Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: August 4 - 10
DevStack Ceph, OpenStack Paris Summit voting, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- The OpenStack Architecture Design Guide Story: How a book gets written in no time flat.
- Brace yourself, DevStack Ceph is here: A patch for DevStack that makes boostrapping a Ceph cluster and configuring services easier than ever.
- OpenStack Summit session voting: Vote now for the sessions you want to see; voting ends on Wednesday!
- Is OpenStack the future of cloud computing: How OpenStack benefits from its flexibility, versatility, agility, and freedom from lock-in.
And just for fun:
- OpenStack reactions: Me trying to use DevStack
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- [TripleO] Strategy for merging Heat HOT port: Coordinating the port of tripleo-heat-templates to HOT.
- DevStack program change: A proposal to roll DevStack into the QA program instead of continuing it separately as a top-level program.
- [Neutron] Spec exceptions are closed, FPF is August 21: The end is near, at least for this development cycle.
- [Neutron] Cross-server locking for neutron server: Solving a number of issues with locking database resources in Neutron.
- OpenStack miniconf at PyConAU: Augst 1-5, 2014; Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Weekly community office hours: August 5, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: August 5, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- South Bay OpenStack meetup: August 7, 2014; Sunnyvale, CA
- Weekly community office hours: August 8, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack workshop at Fedora Flock: August 9, 2014; Prague, Czech Republic
- OpenStack India meetup: August 9, 2014; New Delhi, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.