Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack terms, definitions and resources: Some useful definitions to help navigate the OpenStack ecosystem.
- Remember the whole point: A reminder that open source tools like OpenStack provide real value to organizations with small budgets.
- The OpenStack Marketplace’s new category: The online OpenStack show room gains a new area for hosted private cloud services.
- Why is Openstack written in Python: Summarizing some of the strengths of OpenStack's underlying programming language.
- The cloud world gets a shock, Eucalyptus joins the OpenStack love fest: Eucalyptus’ CEO Martin Mickos to headline an upcoming OpenStack event.
- Shifting a mindset: LinuxInsider interviews Scott Sanchez on his role in the creation of OpenStack.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Found the bad commit that messed up the gate
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- [Nova][Core] Expectations of core reviewers: Thinking about OpenStack developers' roles as leaders in the free software community.
- OS or os are not acronyms for OpenStack: Reflecting on the importance of representing OpenStack correctly in written communications.
- [QA] Picking a name for the Tempest library: Naming things is fun—what do you think it should be called?
- Time to Samba: Is there a way to integrate Samba into OpenStack?
- [Neutron] [Third-party] What tests are required to be run: Are the continuous integration tools OpenStack uses running all the tests that they need to?
- [Neutron] Which changes need accompanying bugs: Does every change need a bug referenced from it?
- Weekly community office hours: August 19, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack Trove Day: August 19, 2014; Cambridge, MA
- RDO weekly community meeting: August 19, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Clocker - Creating a Docker cloud with Apache Brooklyn: August 19, 2014; Google+
- CloudOpen North America: August 20–22, 2014; Chicago, IL
- Weekly community office hours: August 22, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.