Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 29 - October 6
Humanitarian applications in OpenStack, the Rosetta Stone of the cloud, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack can be 'Rosetta Stone' of cloud: How OpenStack can translate between the public and the private cloud.
- PTLs and project success in OpenStack: The program team lead election process has begun.
- Deploying humanitarian applications on OpenStack: Taking OpenStack to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Journey of IPv6 in OpenStack: IPv4 addresses are running out; how will OpenStack cope?
- How is your OpenStack team organized: A collection of insights from directors and managers at companies working with OpenStack.
- Deploying OpenStack and Trove (DBaaS) at eBay: A talk on how the world's largest auction site uses OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Some ideas for micro-version implementation: A discussing on goals leading to a proposal for an API standards working group.
- New Project -> Kolla: Deploy and Manage OpenStack using Kubernetes and Docker: Read the announcement.
- Create an instance with a custom uuid: What's the best way to specify UUID in a new VM?
- MySQL performance and Mongodb backend maturity question: Discussing databases and Ceilometer.
- Weekly community office hours: September 30, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: September 30, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Open Standards and Open Source: Either/or Both: September 30, 2014; Google Hangout
- First OpenStack Tokyo meetup: October 1, 2014; Tokyo, Japan
- First OpenStack Spain meetup: October 1, 2014; Madrid, Spain
- OpenStack Neutron: Networking as a Service: October 2, 2014; Wellington, New Zealand
- Weekly community office hours: October 3, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.