Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 1 - 7
The software-defined economy, OpenStack's new incubated project, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Announcing the Superuser Awards: Do you know an OpenStack Superuser? Nominate them today!
- OpenStack Trove Day 2014 recap: Database as a Service takes the day in Cambridge, MA.
- Manila is an OpenStack incubated project: Welcome shared file systems to OpenStack.
- OpenStack taking its place in the software-defined economy: Jonathan Bryce reflects on how his summit keynote theme has caught on.
- OpenStack Ops Meetup reflections: What developers learn from meeting with real-world users.
... and just for fun ...
- OpenStack reactions: Setting a -1 on your own review.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Design sessions for Neutron LBaaS: What do we want and need?
- Is the BP approval process broken: How can the blueprint approval process be more effective?
- Specs for K release: Juno is nearing release; let's start planning for Kilo.
- Desigin Summit reloaded: Making changes to increase productivity.
- Weekly community office hours: September 2, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: September 2, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- OpenStack 101: September 3, 2014; Amsterdam
- Securing your IaaS infrastructure: September 4, 2014; Tel Aviv
- South Bay OpenStack Meetup: September 4, 2014; San Francisco
- Deploying things with Heat: September 5, 2014: Google+ Hangout
- Weekly community office hours: September 5, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack India Meetup: September 6, 2014; Bangalore
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.