Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 15 - 21 | Opensource.com
New features for OpenStack networking, web dashboard improvements, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Dox: A tool that run Python (or other) tests in a Docker container.
- My IRC proxy setup: Sean Dague takes you through his IRC setup.
- What’s coming in OpenStack networking for Juno Release: Neutron gets some new features.
- Horizon's new features introduced in Juno cycle: What's new in the OpenStack web interface?
And, just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Trying to follow some of the Summit talks after a party the night before.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Design Summit planning: Planning for the November Kilo design summit in Paris.
- Contribution workflow: How to submit your first patch.
- PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=true in tox.ini: Preventing pyc files from being built in your git tree.
- On an API proxy from baremetal to ironic: Do we need a Nova API proxy for the old baremetal extension to the new Ironic API?
- Licensing issue with using JSHint in build: Are there licensing issues around including software licensed "for good, not evil?"
- Weekly community office hours: September 16, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: September 16, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- Sydney Puppet Users Group does Openstack: September 16, 2014; Sydney, Australia
- Wrinkle-free Docker: September 16, 2014; Raleigh, NC
- OpenStack Silicon Valley: September 16, 2014; Mountain View, CA
- Demystifying OpenDaylight: September 17, 2014; Bangalore, India
- Software Defined Networking: September 17, 2014; San Diego, CA
- How is IBM using OpenStack?: September 18, 2014; Google Hangout
- OpenStack Hackathon: September 18, 2014; San Francisco, CA
- Weekly community office hours: September 19, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack Conference Benelux: September 19, 2014: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.