Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Latest technical committee updates: User committee nominees, milestone gap analysis, integration and incubation discussions, and more.
- OpenStack DefCore process flow: A draft process flow chart for integrating community feedback.
- Open cloud deconstructed: What it means to be native to the OpenStack cloud.
- The OpenStack Trove roadmap: A look at replication and clustering in three parts.
- Cloud&Heat brings a new kind of startup to your basement: Creating a market for a green cloud.
- Women in tech: How Elizabeth Joseph became a sysadmin on HP's OpenStack infrastructure team.
... and just for fun ...
- OpenStack reactions: Getting a spec all worked out and implemented
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Averting the Nova crisis by splitting out virt drivers: Do virt drivers need their own independent projects?
- Kilo cycle goals exercise: A proposal to determine the wide-ranging goals of the next OpenStack iteration.
- Steps toward Kerberos and Federation: What's been going on with efforts to get Horizon's authentication federated.
- Feature freeze exception process for Juno: Exceptions for Nova feature freeze end September 12.
- Weekly community office hours: September 9, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- RDO weekly community meeting: September 9, 2014; #RDO channel on Freenode
- OpenStack Swift 2.0 – Deep dive into storage policies: September 9, 2014; Google+ Hangout
- OpenContrail - Basic programming, plus OpenStack design decisions: September 10, 2014; Cambridge, MA
- Orange boxes and OpenBook/Ceilometer: September 10, 2014; Austin, TX
- FossetCon: September 11-13, 2014; Orlando, FL
- Databases in the cloud: September 11, 2014; Boston, MA
- OpenStack Meeting 2014: September 11, 2014; São Paulo, Brazil
- Celebrate, talk, learn & share on OpenStack: September 12, 2014; Singapore
- Weekly community office hours: September 12, 2014; #openstack-community channel on Freenode
- OpenStack India meetup: September 13, 2014; Pune, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.
A special thanks to Stefano Maffulli for the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter, available under a Creative Commons 3.0 License, for linking us to some of these stories and events.