Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: January 19 - 25
OpenStack as a social contract, what's new in Nova, and more
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack is a social contract: A commitment to work together for the common good
- Another Nova spec update: What's happening for Kilo in OpenStack's compute service?
- Pass the mic user spotlight: Doug Soltesz on how Budd Van Lines is using OpenStack
- Database as a service: Don’t blink or you’ll miss that process
- Hybrid cloud, open source lead the cloud pack: New research shows hybrid IT and open source driving business change
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: The OpenStack directors election
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- How to debug test cases in Openstack: What do you do to go about fixing test issues?
- Openstack Havana installation using devstack: How do you do it?
- Concerns about Gnocchi's performance: How can we make it faster?
- Networks are not cleaned up in build failure: Is this really the desired behavior?
- User self registration and management: Do we need a tool for this?
- State of the cloudy union: January 20, 2015; Austin, TX
- January OpenStack meetup: January 20, 2015; Chesterfield, MO
- Comment gérer une production OpenStack: January 20, 2015; Paris, France
- Introduction into Ceph storage for OpenStack: January 21, 2015; Online meetup
- OpenStack user group Berlin: January 21, 2015; Berlin, Germany
- OpenStack DC meetup: January 21, 2015; Washington, DC
- Breaking the Neutron Barrier: Delivering Heterogenous Clouds: January 21, 2015; Santa Clara, CA
- Ceph & GlusterFS - software defined storage: January 22, 2015; Helsinki, Finland
- Let's talk about OpenStack: January 22, 2015; Henrico, VA
- Using Ansible to deploy OpenStack: January 22, 2015; New York, NY
- SFBay OpenStack hackathon: January 22, 2015; San Francisco, CA
- How OpenStack does continuous integration: January 24, 2015; Palo Alto, CA
- OpenDaylight Tokyo user group kickoff: January 24, 2015; Tokyo, Japan
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.