Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: January 5 - 11
OpenStack moves forward into 2015
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Where we've been and where we're heading: A chat about OpenStack's progress in the past year.
- Pass the Mic: Ryan Burkhardt on how GoDaddy is using OpenStack.
- The TOSCA cloud state of the union: Bringing standards to orchestration templates.
- Rhones-Alpes meetup summary: Reporting back from an interesting event.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: Tip of the day, don’t forget to remove your -2 on reviews before going on long leaves.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The state of nova-network to neutron migration: Where we are and where we need to get to.
- Hierarchical multitenancy: What is it, and what does it mean for OpenStack?
- Application level HA via Heat: A proposal for achieving application high availability.
- OpenStack DFW Neutron networking presentation: January 7, 2015; Richardson, TX
- Scalable multi-tenant logging, metrics and monitoring as a service: January 7, 2015; Mountain View, CA
- OpenStack in the real world: January 7, 2015; Herzliya, Israel
- StackStorm & Moogsoft automated remediation: January 8, 2015; Online meetup
- OpenStack mini meetup: January 10, 2015; Bangalore, India
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.