Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- What you need to know about Astara: Introducting OpenStack's newest project.
- OpenStack Manila project leader previews Liberty, Mitaka releases: Another look at what's coming up.
- OpenStack & OVS: From love-hate relationship to match made in heaven.
- No business is too small for OpenStack: Why small organizations should not necessarily avoid the platform.
- At the heart of OpenStack evolution: As it matures, OpenStack's parallel to Linux is clearer.
- Technical Committee highlights: What's happening in the lead up to the summit?
- An OpenStack security primer: Meet the troubleshooters and firefighters of the OpenStack security project.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Proposed Design Summit track/room/time allocation: How best should limited time be divided?
- Scheduler proposal: A look back at an experiment.
- Requests + urllib3 + distro packages: Finding a permanent fix.
- Naming N and O releases nowish: With the summit locations known, are the releases ready for naming?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Cinder deep dive: Monday, October 12; Stockholm, Sweden.
- OpenStack with Ceph storage: Wednesday, October 14; Istanbul, Turkey.
- OpenStack installation methods and software defined storage: Thursday, October 15; Washington, DC.
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of OpenStack APIs: Thursday, October 15; San Francisco, CA.
- OpenStack Liberty: Thursday, October 15; Atlanta, GA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.