Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: October 19 - 25
First impressions of the OpenStack Liberty release
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project, in this special Liberty-release edition of our weekly OpenStack news.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- All in the name of Liberty: OpenStack 12 set free!
- OpenStack's Liberty is out: But what's in the new release?
- Liberty is first OpenStack release under 'big tent' model: What this means, practically speaking.
- What you need to know about OpenStack Liberty: A mix of new features and a new governance model.
- What’s new in OpenStack Liberty: Open source cloud platform adds container support, changes governance model.
- Give us Liberty, or give us death: Key features and what's ahead.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Liberty doesn't have caps on deps: Thoughts on packaging needs.
- Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11: An upward move proposed by the infrastructure team.
- Incorrect project source URLs: Sorting out documentation addresses.
- Establishing release liaisons for Mitaka: Enabling cross-project coordination.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack sessions at All Things Open: October 18-19; Raleigh, NC.
- OpenStack BoF meetup at All Things Open: October 18; Raleigh, NC.
- October OpenStack meetup: October 21; Budapest, Hungary.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.