Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project, in this special Liberty-release edition of our weekly OpenStack news.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- All in the name of Liberty: OpenStack 12 set free!
- OpenStack's Liberty is out: But what's in the new release?
- Liberty is first OpenStack release under 'big tent' model: What this means, practically speaking.
- What you need to know about OpenStack Liberty: A mix of new features and a new governance model.
- What’s new in OpenStack Liberty: Open source cloud platform adds container support, changes governance model.
- Give us Liberty, or give us death: Key features and what's ahead.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Liberty doesn't have caps on deps: Thoughts on packaging needs.
- Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11: An upward move proposed by the infrastructure team.
- Incorrect project source URLs: Sorting out documentation addresses.
- Establishing release liaisons for Mitaka: Enabling cross-project coordination.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack sessions at All Things Open: October 18-19; Raleigh, NC.
- OpenStack BoF meetup at All Things Open: October 18; Raleigh, NC.
- October OpenStack meetup: October 21; Budapest, Hungary.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.