Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: October 5 - 11
Your first patch, PTL election results, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- UK bioinformatics team builds research-sharing cloud on OpenStack: Genomic research and reproducible results.
- Hack the way to your first OpenStack patch: Writing, submitting, and debugging your first patch.
- PTL election results: Find out who will lead OpenStack's projects in the next release cycle.
- App developers: First app on OpenStack tutorial needs you.
- DefCore misconceptions part one: Leading versus trailing indicators.
- DefCore misconceptions part two: Debunking advisory status.
- So, you're an ATC: Let me tell you something.
- 53 things that are new in OpenStack Liberty: What to expect in the next release.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The future of Cinder API v1: Should the older version be deprecated?
- Pillow breaking gate: Fixing a break after a new version.
- Live migration in Mitaka: What needs to be done?
- New cycle started: What are Neutron contributors hoping to accomplish?
- What is the correct version: How should the Liberty release be numbered?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack from zero to production: Monday, October 5; Herndon, VA.
- OpenStack 101: Wednesday, October 7; Houston, TX.
- OpenStack Liberty release: Wednesday, October 7; Richardson, TX.
- OpenStack India meetup: Saturday, October 10; Pune, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.