Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 16 - 22
Looking forward to the Mitaka release, container integration, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Mitaka release: What's next for Swift and Ironic?
- Inside eBay's shift to Kubernetes and containers atop OpenStack: How cloud technologies can work better together.
- OpenStack and network function virtualization, the backstory: Highlights from the keynote at the OPNFV Summit.
- Advances in OpenStack cloud storage: What's ahead in OpenStack's object storage with Swift?
- Kilowatts for Humanity: Harnesses the wind and sun to electrify rural communities.
- OpenStack to the enterprise: New services like Manila lower the bar for moving enterprise applications to the cloud.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- About rebuilding volume-backed instances: What is the best way to support this action in Nova and Cinder?
- Making stable maintenance its own OpenStack project team: Managing older OpenStack releases.
- Report from Gerrit user summit: Keeping track of code review management.
- OpenStackClient command for provision action: What's the best way to format this action?
- Use of self signed certs in endpoints: Making SSL easier in development environments.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- November OpenStack meetup: Monday, November 16; Manchester, UK.
- Intro to OpenStack: Tuesday, November 17; New York, NY.
- Changes in OpenStack from Juno to Kilo to Liberty: Tuesday, November 17; Fredercik, MD.
- OpenStack mini-conference at OSI Days India: Thursday, November 19; Bangalore, India.
- OpenStack user group meetup: Thursday, November 19; Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Hands-on with OpenStack: Thursday, November 19; Littleton, CO.
- OpenStack Neutron advanced services deep dive: Thursday, November 19; Boston, MA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.