Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 23 - 29
Containers-as-a-service, the Keystone design summit, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack containers-as-a-service: How Magnum works and what problems it can solve for you.
- Keystone design summit outcome and goals for Mitaka: What's coming up in OpenStack's identity management service.
- OpenStack Mitaka release: What’s next for Ansible, Oslo and Designate.
- Characteristics of a successful chatroom meeting: Helpful tips for OpenStack or any open source project with a distributed organization.
- Does cloud-native have to mean all-in: Does an organization have to commit to one architecture to realize true benefits?
- RDO community day at FOSDEM: A call for topic proposals.
- OpenStack documentation PTL on Mitaka: Priorities a blend of tech and community.
- Ceph and OpenStack current integration and roadmap: Slides from a recent update.
- Upgrades in OpenStack Nova: Remote procedure call APIs.
- Tap-as-a-service: Enabling traffic monitoring in OpenStack clouds.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Consolidate IRC change with #openstack-sdk: Merging channels for better communication.
- Please stop removing usedevelop from tox.ini: Avoiding unintended consequences.
- Default-next-release opt flag: How should the user be alerted about the presence of these flagged options?
- How to add a periodic check for typos: A look at a few third-party tools.
- Time to make some assertions about your projects: Applying tags to better provide information about individual projects.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Marconi to Zaqar, the evolution of messaging and notification system: Monday, November 23; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- From Liberty to Mitaka: Thursday, November 26; Rome, Italy.
- OpenStack orchestration meetup: Thursday, November 26; Amersfoort, Netherlands.
- OpenStack and Ceph meetup: Saturday, November 28; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.