Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 30 - December 6
Cloud certification programs, OPNFV networking, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack certification programs address shortage in expertise: Getting certified as a cloud architect.
- OpenStack and OPNFV strengthen collaboration for telcos: A report from the first OPNFV summit.
- Technical Committee highlights: Welcoming new projects, working group reports, and project tags.
- Happy (belated) birthday, OpenStack: You have much to look forward to.
- Connect the dots on OpenStack Neutron with this updated manual: A new book will help you out.
- Our cloud in Kilo: How CERN updated their OpenStack installation.
- Powering one billion page views and 170 million unique visitors per month: OpenStack steps up to the challenge.
- Practical tips for working with OpenStack: A roundup of the latest OpenStack guides and tutorials.
- OpenStack Mitaka release: What's next for OpenStackClient and documentation.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Security Groups OVS conntrack support: Is there a plan to add conntrack support to the security groups for the OVS driver in Mitaka cycle?
- Using reno for libraries: Progress on adding reno to service projects.
- Stable team PTL nominations are open: Electing a new program team leader.
- Releases vs. development cycle: How best to align projects.
- Encouraging first-time contributors through bug tags/reviews: Getting more people involved.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack and OVSDB demystified: Tuesday, December 1; Bangalore, India.
- Containers on OpenStack and using Ansible to manage OpenStack: Tuesday, December 1; Melbourne, Australia.
- OpenStack meetup: Wednesday, December 2; Budapest, Hungary.
- OpenStack user stories meetup: Wednesday, December 2; Munich, Germany.
- OpenStack and Ceph is back: Wednesday, December 2; Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the Developer Mailing List Digest for many of these linked items.