Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: November 9 - 15
The big tent, summit session summaries, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Creating the perfect match: OpenStack and network functions virtualization.
- OpenStack Summit in Tokyo and TripleO: A summary of Mitaka sessions.
- RDO meetup at OpenStack Tokyo: A summary of community discussions.
- OpenStack Summit Mitaka from a telemetry point of view: What's coming up for Ceilometer, Gnocchi, Aodh and Oslo?
- Big Tent: Why Liberty shifted from the integrated release model.
- OpenStack Mitaka debrief: Another look back at the recent OpenStack Summit.
- An OpenStack operator's guidebook: Burning issues, tips and tricks, and how you can get involved.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Outcome of distributed lock manager discussion at the Summit: A summary of discussions.
- Speeding up gate runs: Caching the compilation of external libraries.
- Autoprovisioning per-user projects and federation: What are the right tools for this use case?
- Exposing hypervisor details to users: Showing users only appropriate hypervisor functions.
- Mesos orchestration as discussed at mid-cycle: Action required from core reviewers.
- Keeping Juno "alive" for longer: Dealing with a releases' end-of-life.
- Summarizing the cross-project Summit session on Mitaka themes: A discussion on collaboration on several goals.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- OpenStack Tokyo Summit recap: November 11, 2015; Sydney, Australia.
- OpenStack networking deep dive: November 12, 2015; Dallas, TX.
- OpenStack plugin development 101: November 12, 2015; Istanbul, Turkey.
- NFV applications development with OpenStack: November 13, 2015; Paris, France.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.