OpenStack around the web
- Travel grants bring global community members to OpenStack Summit: Key contributors from 15 countries attended the recent OpenStack Summit in Tokyo.
- Experimenting with containers in the NFV world: Launching NFV in containers using OpenStack Tacker.
- Thinking outside the box and outside the gate to improve OpenStack and RDO: How can we improve testing coverage for RDO?
- Check out this tool library for OpenStack operators: Quick solutions to streamline your work.
- OpenStack training ramps up: More courses and training now available to meet a growing demand.
- OpenStack Mitaka release: What's next for Neutron, Cinder, and Ceilometer?
- Why cloud-native depends on modernization: How do you deal with conventional infrastructure upgrades?
- How PayPal runs the world's largest private OpenStack cloud: Managing a 400,000 core cloud.
- OpenStack design contest T-shirts are now available: Check out the new designs.
- Testing OpenStack is hard: Making sure everything actually works.
- Announcing the OpenStack Health Dashboard: A results dashboard now up and running to visualize the state of the tests running in the gate.
- Stable team PTL nominations are open: Congratulations to Matt Riedemann on his election.
- Upcoming specs and blueprints for Trove Mitaka: Blueprints registered for several projects.
- Bugs will now close automatically when patches merge: Deprecating the use of Launchpad brings feature changes.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Software Defined Storage—What makes Ceph special: Monday, December 14; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- A deep dive of the OpenStack security project: Tuesday, December 15; Seattle, WA.
- Making OpenStack work for the enterprise: Thursday, December 17; Online.
- Whiteboarding OpenStack architecture: Thursday, December 17; Phoenix, AZ.
- OpenStack Meetup: Thursday, December 17; Atlanta, GA.
- OpenStack awareness camp at Indore: Saturday, December 19; Bangalore, India.
What to read next