This week in OpenStack: December 7 - 13
What's next for Nova and Kuryr, evolving IT architectures, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Mitaka release: What's next for Nova and Kuryr?
- Evolving IT architectures: It can be hard.
- How cloud-native needs cultural change: Switching the IT operations team’s priorities.
- Individual Member Director nominations are now open: Nominations close December 11.
- OpenStack Glance, Murano, and Community App catalog: Links in a chain.
- The Intersection of Docker and OpenStack: Docker CEO explains how it all fits together.
- Why no data center should be full of islands: OpenStack connects developers with new tools while leveraging a common foundation.
- Fujitsu CTO: Analysts might think we're 'crazy', but OpenStack here we come.
- How to manage medical and health data with OpenStack: Combining a wearable sensor and smart apps.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Evolving the stadium concept: Making Neutron projects easier to manage.
- Bug deputy process: Managing bugs in Neutron.
- Picking an official name for a subproject: How to select a public name.
- Release countdown for week R-17: Getting Mitaka ready for consumption.
- Cross-project liaisons: Improving communication for specs that affect multiple projects.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Verisign's OpenStack journey: Monday, December 07; Reston, VA, US.
- OpenStack Baltics meet and greet: Monday, December 07; Riga, LV.
- Recap of OpenStack Tokyo Summit: Tuesday, December 08; Chesterfield, MO, US.
- Let's have a kick-off meetup and talk about SDN: Tuesday, December 08; Salt Lake City, UT, US.
- Containers on OpenStack and using Ansible to manage OpenStack: Thursday, December 10; Melbourne, AU.
- Drink beers and learn about SDN.: Thursday, December 10; New York, NY, US.
- OpenStack meetup and BBQ extravaganza: Thursday, December 10; Austin, TX, US.
- OpenStack deployment using Docker and Ansible: Thursday, December 10; North York, ON, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the Developer Mailing List Digest for many of these linked items.