Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: February 16 - 22
Welcoming OpenStack Liberty, documentation improvements, and more
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack crowns "Liberty" its next release name: The votes are in and we have a winner.
- How you can help refresh OpenStack's documentation site: A move to an easier-to-use documentation language.
- The list of OpenStack distributions keeps growing: Interest in open source clouds is higher than ever.
- Understanding software defined storage: A breakdown of storage types.
- Tips for getting a travel grant to the next OpenStack Summit: Making the summits more accessible to everyone.
- The future of OpenStack’s EC2 APIs: One opinion on how to support them going forward.
- 5 things you need to know about OpenStack: And hey, you might already know some of them!
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Lets keep our community open, lets fight for it: Making sure discussions happen in the right place.
- Scheduling for Magnum: Handling resource scheduling for containers.
- How to use a Devstack external plugin in gate testing: A quick lesson in getting your test to work.
- Release request for python-novaclient: Nova's client hasn't seen a new release since Icehouse.
- OpenStack networking and data storage solutions: February 17, 2015; Calgary, AB
- OpenStack object storage: February 17, 2015; St. Louis, MO
- What is Trove: February 18, 2015; Pasadena, CA
- Southern California Linux Expo: February 19-22, 2015; Los Angeles, CA
- OpenStack networking and data storage solutions: February 19, 2015; Vancouver, BC
- OpenStack, containers, and the private cloud: February 19, 2015; Sunnyvale, CA
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.